Precise and extremely strong welding of plastics with energy-efficient laser welding
Laser welding allows you to join plastic parts with an extremely strong bond. The process is non-contact and vibration-free, which helps protect the material.
With laser welding, you can join plastic parts quickly and precisely while saving energy, creating strong and durable weld seams that do not leave a visible mark. This means that plastic welding using laser technology also meets the highest aesthetic demands.
The process is completely non-contact and vibration-free, and the energy input is precisely metered, which means the joined components are subjected to minimal thermal and mechanical loads. At the same time, laser welding is a particularly clean process. Processing does not create any emissions, has no flash and does not cause any burr formation.
- Metered: Precisely control energy input during laser welding.
- Non-contact and vibration-free: Minimizes mechanical and thermal loads.
- Efficient: Minimal operating costs compared to competing technologies.
- Extremely durable: Hermetically sealed weld ensures highest quality.
- Controlled: Monitor the weld seam online.
- Environmentally friendly: Clean process means no emissions.
Fields of Application
- Automotive industry: Laser welding of pumps and filters, injectors, controllers, deployment channels for airbags, mounts for parking sensors and other components on bumpers.
- Electronics and household goods industry: Laser welding of displays, valves, pumps, sensor housings.
- Medical technology: Laser welding of blood glucose monitors, catheters, dialysis machines.
JENOPTIK-VOTAN® W Laser Welding System for Efficient Plastic Welding
The JENOPTIK-VOTAN® W is a powerful laser welding system that joins plastics efficiently, quickly and reliably using free-radiating diode technology. The process joins components with minimal thermal or mechanical load and without leaving any marks on the components. The weld seams are very strong and reproducible.
At the heart of every JENOPTIK-VOTAN® W laser welding system is the free-radiating diode technology. Jenoptik has developed the diode laser line that can be switched on and off section by section specifically for large components. It consists of eight diode laser submounts in a compact housing, and creates a consistent line with a total length of around 100 mm. Each of these submounts can be switched on or off individually depending on the contour you want to weld.
If several diode laser lines are arranged as an overall line (diode nest), components of almost all sizes can be joined very productively in just one run. The laser welding process is therefore extremely productive and saves operating costs. The laser welding system is already used successfully in industry.
Animation: Laser welding system JENOPTIK-VOTAN® W - Laser welding of plastics
Please contact us for more information.
Sales Laser Machines
+49 3641 65-4532
+49 3641 65-2540